Thursday, August 16, 2012

Project #1 Proposal - Zentangle Drawing




1.  For my first project I would like to create some Zentangle / Doodle designs.  I will be using cardstock paper and sharpies. 
2.  I am interested in practicing this style of art.  My goals for this project would be to take my time drawing so my designs are nice and smooth.  I also want to work on balancing black and white ink within the paper space and include "form" within the design.  I plan to incorporate some more difficult patterns / designs than I have previously used building on my skill set in this area.  To get better at this process I will practice drawing smaller doodles to see what kinds of designs and textures work well with each other.  I am confident that if I practice making marks and coming up with texture samplers, that my final drawing or drawings will turn out quite nice.
3. I will be creative with this drawing incorporating several layers within the final drawing and coming up with a totally different drawing than pictured.  I like some of the designs within this piece, however I plan to do something with circles / spheres adding 3D form.
 4.  I have also spent a great deal of time researching and finding some designs that will help me with my project.  This example has been useful in helping me draw doodles more 3D like and I really like how the artist added color to the center blob like form. 
I have pinned lots of great ideas of inspiration on these Pinterest pages:
http://pinterest.com/rcomer03/quilt-designs/
https://www.pinterest.com/rcomer03/zentangle/

No comments:

Post a Comment